Saturday, December 5, 2009

Top 7 Pop Songs

Yay, another list!! I haven't made a list in a really long time and I missed it! This one has been sitting on my blackberry for a while so I decided to blog it. This is my top 7 (because I couldn't come up with 10) pop songs!

7. Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
I know Demi is really new to the pop scene and as a disney girl, it's hard to take her seriously, but this girl has quite a voice and I really enjoy her music, especially this song. I don't even want to think about how many times I've played it. It's a perfect pop song: adorable, bouncy, easy to sing to, and happy. I smile every time I hear it!

6. Madonna - Material Girl
Madonna is one of the original pop stars, doing scandalous and edgy before Lady Gaga even knew what that meant. This song is such a classic and I've always loved it.

5. Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Gaga is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites, although she wasn't always. I started out hating her and that annoying as hell song "Just Dance." Then she released "Poker Face" and damnit if I wasn't singing this to myself all the freaking time. That's what a good pop song does, it gets under your skin and into your head! This isn't my favorite of her songs, but I think it might be her best pop song.

4. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
I adore Leona's voice and this song is just so freaking good. It got me completely hooked on her when it first came out and I listened to it on repeat for weeks. Beautiful melody, adorable lyrics, catchy and fun. Love this song.

3. Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
Kelly will always be my #1 idol (don't tell Carrie) and this had to be one of my favorite songs she ever released. So so great, just everything a pop song/just a song in general should be. I sang this for weeks. Hell, I'm still singing it. Never got old.

2. Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
No pop list is complete without the Queen herself, Britney Spears. I thought long and hard about which of her many hits to name her best, and being a bit sentimental, I picked the one that threw her onto the national stage. This song set the framework for her career and it's still one of the best pop songs ever.

1. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
If you know me, you'll be shocked that Mariah is my #1 seeing as I hate her. Except that this is, in my opinion, the best pop song ever recorded. It's everything a pop song should be and it has always been my favorite, and probably the only Mariah song I ever truly loved. Back in the day, she had endless amounts of potential and this song just showcases everything she was and could have been. Oh well, its still the best and my pick for Best Pop Song Ever.

That's it! Thoughts? Do you disagree or agree with my choices?

1 comment:

  1. yesss. this list is full of win! although i heard kelly's breakaway again earlier today and i think that trumps anything she's ever done everrr.

    ReplyDelete