Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Delicate Balance

Last quarter was amazingly fun. I had some pretty amazing experiences, most of which I shall never forget. However, the high levels of fun led to some pretty low levels of academic motivation. This resulted in a not so great quarter for me academically. On top of that, while I am my usual narcissistic self, I found that I wasn't feeling so great in my body either. I felt unhealthy and like I was squandering my youth away. So at the beginning of this quarter I made a promise to myself. I would:

1) Be the kind of student I know I can be.
2) Begin exercising and treating my body with the respect it deserves.

I resolved to do these things and still do the other things I love: hang out with my friends, watch my multiple TV shows, see movies, play on the internet, and talk to Caity Jones (lol). After 7 weeks, all I can say is....this is really fucking hard.

It is absolutely fucking impossible to do all of these things and still be a functioning human being. Everyday I am forced to choose between all these things. If I want to go for a run, I either can't (a) play on the computer, (b) watch TV, (c) do my homework, or (d) sleep. It's ridiculous!! Who knew it was so hard to be good? Now I know why I've lived my life forever the way I always have! Because honestly, this way fucking sucks.

And I'm trying, I really am, because I want to be able to do all these things! I, for the first time in my life, want to go running! I know, it's crazy right?! But I haven't gone in almost a week now because I don't have time in between the insane amount of homework I suddenly have and my absolute refusal to give up my tv/friend time. I love watching television and I won't give it up. Period. So sometimes, the good things get sacrificed for my guilty pleasures. Whatever, fuck it.

I know Queen's are supposed to be able to multi-task but this is getting fucking ridiculous. On a side note, I am beyond stoked for Caity's visit this week! That's all for now my darlings, goodnight.

~*A*~

No comments:

Post a Comment